This job requires basic to advanced knowledge of the paint process including varying amounts of general paint applications as listed below. Job duties will vary each day as designated by the Lead or Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure masking is complete.
- Sand primer if necessary.
- Blow aircraft and clean with thinner.
- Wash paint booth.
- Apply topcoat (three coats).
- Layout stripe scheme and mask for trim colors.
- Prep and scuff paint for trim paint.
- Re-mask aircraft and detail aircraft.
- Inspect completed paint or strip / sand job.
- Mix paint.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Lead or Manager.
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Experience: At least 2-4 years current experience, stripping, sanding, priming and painting corporate or commercial aircraft or the equivalent
- A valid driver’s license approved for airline travel
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills. Experience in Aviation Maintenance Software programs such as Corridor is preferred.
- Attendance: Must have regular attendance and be able to work overtime when needed and potentially work alternate shifts as determined by aircraft schedules and manpower needs.
- Compliance: Possess a valid driver’s license and US Passport (preferred). Must pass a background check along with pre-employment drug test. Ongoing employment requires participating and complying with the Anti-Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program which includes random testing.
- Initiative: Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and maintain a rapid pace. Quality oriented.
- Responsibility: Must perform all work in accordance with applicable FAA regulations, the company AMM and SRM regarding the daily tasks on the airframe. Ability to read detailed drawings and understand renderings. Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties. Maintain customer service-oriented work habits.
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs. Routine walking, sometimes awkward positions, bending and squatting, kneeling or sitting. Work standing on ladder or scaffold and working overhead. Pass pulmonary physical prior to employment. Pass respiratory fit test, as you must wear protective gear.
- Environmental Requirements: Able to work around noise, dust, chemicals and paint fumes