Interior Aircraft Technician(Upholstery)
The Aircraft Interior Technician removes, installs, fabricates or refurbishes aircraft interiors, which may include items such as trim, carpet, cabinetry, seats, upholstery, panels and other items in compliance with all regulations, including FAA, OSHA safety and EPA.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Respond to all requests for touch up/repairing of corporate aircraft interiors, as they arise.
- Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools
- Fit panels, cabin headliners, upper sidewall panels, lower sidewall panels, cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads
- Leather repair
- Carpet repairs and fabrication
- Comply with safety, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Work with leads and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time, and man hours using lean manufacturing and other improvement techniques.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to use measurement tools and perform basic math calculations
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadline requirements, and handle changing priorities
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency (willingness to get the job done)
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate to achieve desired goals and results
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read, comprehend, and speak English clearly
- Ability to climb, twist, bend, crouch, stoop, kneel, and crawl
- Ability to move in tight quarters
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods
- Ability to work in all weather conditions as needed
- Ability to regularly push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 50 pounds
Type: Full Time or Part Time